Friday, December 02, 2005

Jingle Bells

This Christmas Jessica & I have the opportunity to have my Mom & Dad with us to help with our Salvation Army Christmas effort - kettles, food & toy distribution, maintain sanity at home w/ our kids, etc. After nearly 90 years of combined SA service they have said "goodbye" to their new home on the Gulf Coast of Florida to spend December in central NY - only the love of a parent would make a decision like that possible!

I'm struck (again) by my parents commitment to ministry. As I look on my parents from the perspective of a son, I also admire time-tested "missioners" as a young pastor, and am amazed at how God is continuing to work in their lives. I pray that I may follow in those footsteps. They have raised up their children in the way they should. May we never depart from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home