Friday, December 23, 2005

Prayer for a friend...

I had a birthday yesterday. Let's just say I'm on the "downside" of my 30's. I'm okay with it - it doesn't seem possible to me that I'm getting old, though there are reminders around me almost every day.

In a semi-related story - I got an e-mail from an old friend this morning. She's a few years younger than me and has just found a tumor of some sort the size of an apple on her thigh. It's pretty scary for her & her husband, and many of her friends & family have begun praying for them. It's strange to think someone so young (younger than me) and healthy (probably healthier than me) can be faced with such a health crisis. I pray God's blessing on her.

How do you pray in such a situation? I went through a crisis a few years ago and we prayed for healing. When my healing wasn't quick & "miraculous" there were a few who suggested I had some "hidden sin" that I needed to fess up to before God was going to work in my body.

I think it's right to pray a few ways. I ask God to heal my friend now. I pray that if that doesn't happen, God will be with her doctors and guide them in bringing her back to full help. I think the most important prayer I can pray is for her, not her body - "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

9 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Larry said...

We are all praying for her. All the Sebago family is uniting in prayer.

Merry Christmas Brett. By the way, you don't know what old is.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Soulpadre said...

I'm with you, in empathy and prayer. We live in a broken world and dis-ease is part of it. We do believe that God empowers us to pray for the sick and we expect Him to display His healing virtue here!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said...

hey I know you! I have seen you around the blogger world! I don't know if you remember me though..I'm Allison Ward..

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger bedemike said...

Of course I remember you, Allison. I'm surprised you remember me. When I was your age all the old people sort of got all mixed up in my mind!

Say "Hi" to your Mom & Dad for me.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said...

your not old!!!! Now my dad, he is old!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you

Stumbled upon your site tonight and saw Cappy's comment. Is it someone from the sebago family I would know? Regardless, I will be praying!

As far as the getting old thing....I just past a birthday in December as well and now only have 339 days until the big 40...I can hardly wrap my brain around that one!

I got your christmas card...your kids are adorable...almost as cute as mine! Did you get ours?

I do not have a blog but have a xanga site...captainsue....this world of online blogging/journaling has really proven to be a great way to keep in touch with old friends.

By the way, I noticed in your music preferences you were missing Billy Joel....

Take care and try to behave yourself....

PS ....found the shamefully empty tin in a trunk when we were moving from Lawrenceville...cracked me up...actually got to show it and its contents to my husband...he chuckled...(since I probably could have had one for him when we were first dating)...anyway, check out the xanga! Yup!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Allison Ward said...

Hey,
I was wondering if you are going to the vocal convocation at Ladore??

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger bedemike said...

I'll be there - Territorial Songsters on duty. You?

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said...

yup! I'll be there, the divisional youth chorus is there and various corps groups..It sounds like it will be good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home