Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Dedication Covenant

Had a great time this weekend in Montclair, NJ. Jessica & I were invited by our dear friends David & Alison to dedicate their daughter, Jessica Kate. The Army's dedication covenant calls on the parents to follow the missive of Proverbs 22 - "Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older they will remain upon it."

As I looked little Jessica in the eyes (and she didn't even cry!) I was reminded of our own dedication covenants for Joey & Jenna (the two above), and what an awesome blessing/responsibility we have been given.

God help us raise our children well, that they will worship you and bring you praise.

5 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Larry said...

remember the dedication promise when they are in there 20's. it will bring you some comfort.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said...

Awww they are adorable!!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Soulpadre said...

Yes, God help us to nurture our children and not sacrifice them on the altar of ministry.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

You are a wealthy man.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger BLUE said...

While I'm not one to muse over the past nor do I wish I could return to the days of yore Larry's said it right. With one of my own at Asbury one on the way to who knows where and still three to go. The dedication of my five seems like lightyears ago. Although now that I think about it the "Six Pack" days I just might return just for a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home